22 March 2011

The first swats

So, as I said before, my resources for interviewing, are a bit limited, so right now I'm focusing my applications on 3 sorts of opportunities in Japan and crossing my fingers at least ONE of them works out......

Peppy Kids Club- Eikaiwa, working with children. Reviews of this school seem to be fairly positive. Would require me to interview in either Los Angeles or Toronto.....this would be my number one pick. I have heard that they need more hires as they're starting up new programs, so, hopefully the process for hiring is easy?

Interac- ALT contractor. Hit and miss because it's the second largest ALT contractor next to JET hires, but, with none of the protections JET offers, and less pay. This would put me in Japanese Elementary/JHS/SHS as an ALT to a Japanese teacher. Does interviews in Orlando or , hey, Spokane.....depending on when the dates are offered for the interview I could do either one? #2 because Orlando is closer than Toronto/LA, BUT, I have heard hit and miss things about this company.

ECC- Eikaiwa, children/adults, one of the "big" Eikawa chains. Only doing interviews in Toronto......mehhhh....also their interview process seems a bit tough.

There are others that do not require me to interview in person, mostly of the ALT variety, but, I am waiting on those because I have heard some bad things about these opportunities....only if one of the other ones do not pull through.

So, day 1? Submitted an application for ECC, and PKC. Interac needs to wait as I need to upload a photo for them. I also need to contact people for references....oh boy, that'll be interesting. But. That's why I started this blog, so I can pressure myself to suck it up and try and get SOMEBODY to vouch for me in this world of mine......

Oh, also- listening to NHK Japanese Lessons. I took 4 years of Japanese (2 at the college level via WA state's Running Start program) in high school, and have self studied ever since- no clue what level I'm at, probably JLPT 4, unfortunately, but I'm trying to at least pull my conversational skills to something or the other.....

じゃあ、待ったね〜

No comments:

Post a Comment